<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

CHeney Caught In A Fib 

.




CHENEY (October 5, 2004) "I have not suggested there's a connection between Iraq and 9/11," Cheney insisted after Edwards jabbed at him.



CHENEY: (September/16/2003): We don't know. You and I talked about this two years ago. I can remember you asking me this question just a few days after the original attack. At the time I said no, we didn't have any evidence of that. Subsequent to that, we've learned a couple of things. We learned more and more that there was a relationship between Iraq and Al Qaeda that stretched back through most of the decade of the '90s, that it involved training, for example, on [biological weapons] and [chemical weapons], that Al Qaeda sent personnel to Baghdad to get trained on the systems that are involved. The Iraqis providing bomb-making expertise and advice to the Al Qaeda organization.




Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?